Artificial Insemination Clinics in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
If you are looking for Artificial Insemination (AI) Clinics in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa, you will be pleased to find you will be able to choose from a selection of fertility clinics that offer Artificial Insemination as a treatment for couples trying to become pregnant.
It is very important to make the right choice when deciding at which fertility clinic you will receive artificial insemination treatment. The road to becoming a parent when you are facing fertility issues can be a tough challenge, not just medically, but also emotionally and financially.
For this reason, you want to ensure you are choosing the right team with the right equipment, experience and technology to help you achieve the pregnancy you dream of.
So how would you choose the right fertility clinic for you?
We would suggest the following selection criteria:
* Select a fertility clinic that is accredited with the right authorities and respected in the medical profession.
* Choose a fertility clinic with highly-qualified and experienced fertility experts; advanced facilities; state-of-the-art technologies and a range of fertility treatments.
* A fertility clinic with a success rate that is above the standard will give you the best chance of achieving a pregnancy.
Because there are a number of fertility clinics in Johannesburg, in Gauteng and in South Africa to choose from, making the right choice may seem challenging at first.
There is quite a wide choice for two reasons.
Firstly, the vibrant, bustling city of Johannesburg is the economic centre of South Africa and a leading economy on the African continent. As a result, there are healthcare facilities across the city, equipped to treat healthcare issues of all kinds. In addition to 12 public hospitals, Johannesburg is also home to many private hospitals and specialised private clinics, including fertility clinics that offer artificial insemination treatment.
Secondly, as many as one in six couples around the world experience challenges conceiving within the first year of trying. As a result, there are many couples looking for specialised assistance, such as artificial insemination, from fertility clinics, especially in a big and expanding city like Johannesburg.
So, given the options you are faced with while looking for a fertility clinic offering artificial insemination treatment in Johannesburg, how can you make sure you make the right decision?
Our handy checklist – based on our more than 100 years of collective experience diagnosing and treating infertility – will assist you to compare fertility clinics offering artificial insemination treatment in Johannesburg, enabling you to make the right choice about the clinic that’s most suited to your particular needs. It will help you narrow down your choices and enable you to ultimately select the clinic that is right for you.
The accreditations held by a fertility clinic are undoubtedly among the most important aspects to verify when selecting a fertility clinic offering artificial insemination treatment in Johannesburg.
You can visit the website of the Southern African Society for Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecological Endoscopy (SASREG) at www.fertilitysa.org.za/ to check that the fertility clinic you are considering is accredited by SASREG. It is also recommended that you give preference to clinics recognised internationally by organisations such as International Committee Monitoring Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ICMART) and the African Network and Registry for Assisted Reproductive Technology.
Also ensure that you check that the fertility clinic you are considering is home to experts in the field of fertility treatments – from qualified and experienced reproduction specialists to trained, qualified embryologists, theatre staff, nurse practitioners and clinical psychologists; and from pharmacists specialising in fertility medicine to friendly admin staff.
A fertility clinic with a high staff-to-patient ratio will also ensure that you receive personalised attention and excellent care.
Make sure that the fertility clinic you choose has purpose-built facilities that are furnished with cutting-edge technology and equipment that facilitates advanced fertility treatments. A fertility clinic that offers consultation offices, exam rooms, laboratory facilities, surgical suites and a dedicated fertility pharmacy in one convenient location will also save you a great deal of time and hassle.
While you are looking for a clinic that offers artificial insemination (AI) treatment – or intrauterine insemination (IUI) treatment as it is also called, it is best to choose a fertility clinic that offers the full spectrum of fertility treatments, including in vitro fertilisation (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI), assisted hatching, egg and sperm donation, gestational surrogacy and pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). This will ensure you can fulfil your fertility dream with one specialist fertility team, regardless of the treatments required.
It is a good idea to look for a fertility clinic that will develop a unique treatment plan for you, based on your personal situation, that will include extensive fertility tests and tailored treatments. Also consider giving preference to a fertility clinic that offers additional support, including specialists and nurses, and counselling by a qualified psychologist, experienced in couples facing fertility challenges.
Comparing the success rates achieved by various fertility clinics is one of the best ways to choose among the different clinics. It makes sense that if the fertility clinic you choose has a high success rate, your chances of pregnancy will also be higher. Another handy measure of the results a fertility clinic produces – and the level of service and support it provides its patients – is the comments, feedback and testimonials from the clinic’s patients.
Make the right choice!
It is quite important that you make the right choice when you decide at which fertility clinic you will receive artificial insemination treatment. The right clinic is accredited and staffed by qualified and experienced specialists; and offers advanced facilities; technologies on par with the latest medical advancements and a range of fertility treatments to achieve great success rates. Choosing the right clinic will give you the best chance of becoming pregnant.
Medfem Fertility Clinic – Ticking all the boxes
One clinic that ticks all the boxes is Medfem Fertility Clinic in Johannesburg, South Africa. Here’s how we do on the checklist.
1. Accreditation: Medfem Fertility Clinic
* Registered with the Southern African Society for Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecological Endoscopy (SASREG)
* Belongs to the African Network and Registry for Assisted Reproductive Technology
* Recognised internationally by the International Committee Monitoring Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ICMART)
2. Expertise: Medfem Fertility Clinic
* Accredited team of reproductive medicine specialists with over 100 years of collective experience
* Internationally recognised as pioneers and innovators in the field of fertility treatment
* Specialist support staff include experienced embryologists; trained, qualified theatre staff, nurse practitioners and clinical psychologists; as well as specialist pharmacists and friendly administration staff
* The highest staff-to-patient ratio of any fertility clinic in South Africa for the best care possible
3. Facilities: Medfem Fertility Clinic
* Located close to Sandton MediClinic
* Consultation offices, exam rooms, laboratory facilities, a surgical suite and a dedicated fertility pharmacy in one location
* Purpose-built medical and surgical facility
4. Treatments: Medfem Fertility Clinic
* Cutting-edge technology and medical advancements not available at smaller clinics
* Equipped with world-class technology
* Significant investment in advanced research and development (R&D)
* Full spectrum of fertility treatments
* Specialists create a customised personal fertility treatment plan for you
5. Results: Medfem Fertility Clinic
* Among the highest pregnancy rates in the nation
* Primary success rate is well above the national rates in South Africa and compares to the best internationally
* Performs an average of 1,100 treatment cycles a year
* Have played a role in bringing more than 16,000 babies into the world
The next step
Once you have made the right choice in terms of the fertility clinic, the next step is to contact us and book an initial consultation.
Simply click here or contact us telephonically on +27 (11) 463 2244.
We look forward to meeting you!
At the first consultation, you will meet one of our four specialists to discuss your medical history, conduct a comprehensive infertility work up, explore the options, and start to plan your journey to parenthood.